After reading the input on my draft logo and talking to my roommates about changes they’d like to see, I ultimately wound up with the final logo you see above. Not many drastic changes were made between the draft logo and this final logo, but I think the few minor changes I made added a lot to the logo and gave it a different feel.
The biggest change I made was adding the stitches to the seams on the baseball. I believe one person in my critique group suggested this, as did both my roommates. Looking at my draft I always felt something was missing, there was too much trapped white space in the inside of the logo; I feel like adding the stitches helped eliminate that problem.
Another change I made to eliminate trapped white space was to change the size of the baseball in relation to the rest of the logo. By shrinking the baseball and enlarging the silhouette of the player in the middle I think the logo takes on a new, more balanced feel.
The words at the bottom, the ones inspired by our “fist” tutorial, were changed slightly from my draft to my final logo. Simply adding a crimson stroke (the same crimson as in the clock tower) added a nice touch I think to the words.
The final change I made between draft and final logo was moving the clock tower further over to the right. I mentioned possibly moving the clock tower in my draft logo post and the idea went over well in my critiques so I ran with it, I think moving it off-center helped balance the logo, since everything isn’t stacked on the center line anymore.
Overall I’m pretty happy with how my logo turned out, it was fun learning Illustrator. Okay I’ll be honest, learning Illustrator was much more frustrating than fun at times, but once I got the hang of it the process became a lot more enjoyable.
Hope you all enjoy what I ended up with!