A few tweaks later, I have my final video project done! I’m really excited about the product I ended up with. I definitely think I got across the feel I was aiming for and told the story well at the same time. It was surprising how much I enjoyed video editing, I hope to do a lot more of it in the future.
I felt the best way to get the story across more clearly (some peers suggested maybe the story wasn’t clear enough for non-baseball viewers) was to add some scrolling captions to the game footage, describing what the viewer was seeing and why it was important. I had to fiddle around with the speed a little bit, but eventually get them all where I wanted them.
It was minor, and probably only bothered me, but I got all of the PIP boxes in generally the same location, relative to the corners.
There was an odd skip in audio in my draft video and I was able to fix the mistake, somehow I had clipped the audio out, so it was a fairly easy fix.
My favorite addition from the draft to the final was the addition of the opening and ending descriptors. The scrolling text was easy to do, but the picture in the background was my favorite part. I already had the cutout images of each individual player on my computer from a previous project, so it was just a matter of importing them and adding some effects.
I really appreciate all the input on my draft video, it really helped me improve my project. Also, to all my friends who did me a huge favor by watching the video and giving me input, I really appreciate your help as well.
I think this is my best work from the whole semester, it was a great way to end a really fun class. Hope you all enjoy the video!
Opening descriptive text, player backdrop with fight song playing
Opening text slide:
- WSU Baseball (13-12) v. Seattle University (14-10)
- WSU fight song playing
Game 1 transition with players postgame:
- WSU 2 – Seattle 1
Interview with Ian Sagdal:
- Question about game winning sac fly
- Interview goes to PIP, video of sac fly becomes dominant video
Interview with J.D. Leckenby:
- Question about start
- Interview goes to PIP, video highlights of Leckenby becomes dominant video
Interview with Coach Marbut:
- Question about Monda catch
- Interview goes to PIP, video of Monda catch becomes dominant video
Game 2 transition with players pregame:
- WSU 19 – Seattle 1
Interview with Derek Jones:
- Question about tying record for career HR at WSU
- Interview goes to PIP, video of 40th career HR becomes dominant video
- Transition to Coach Marbut talking about Jones’ achievement
Interview with Joe Pistorese:
- Question about how his start went
- Interview goes to PIP, video of pitching highlights becomes dominant video
Game 3 transition with players postgame:
- WSU 4 – Seattle 5
Interview with Coach Marbut
Interview with Taylor Ard
- During short answer, video of Ard HR becomes dominant and interview goes to PIP.
Closing descriptive text, again with player backdrop and fight song playing